It’s no secret that Google has it’s own AdSense plugin in the WordPress repository on wordpress.org for a considerable time. The plugin has not been maintained for over 11 month and the plugin is not maintained and developed any longer. Its user ratings were getting worse because of a growing list of compatibility issues. (ratings 2.5 of 5)
Try out the Google AdSense Alternative WP QUADS PRO
So far, most user already felt that the plugin was not the much loved project which it probably was in the beginning when it has been started.
Now, Google announced that they will bring the plugin officially to an end and will shut it down after a three step based process.
Even though this situation must be extremely painful for all Google AdSense plugin user, one must admit that the deprecation process is very professional:
- Early March 2017: New publishers will not be able to sign up for AdSense by using the plugin.
- Early April 2017: Existing publishers will not be able to change their ad settings or ad units through the plugin.
- Early May 2017: Google will no longer provide support for the plugin.
Instead shutting down the plugin without any word the users will be notified about the situation via mail and they also get a little migration guide:
Guidance for affected publishers
- Back up your WordPress site.
- Deactivate the official AdSense Plugin for WordPress.
- Create and place ad units by inserting the ad code in WordPress widgets:
Google is also recommending the use of the so called QuickStart ad option which is nothing else than a page level ad.
If you are looking for a supported and maintained Google AdSense Plugin alternative you can try out WP QUADS which we are offering here on our site. It allows you to embed the ads on your site which you have previously generated on the My ads page in your Google AdSense account – exactly what Google is recommending.